Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker


I am totally thrilled. For breakfast every morning I cook Old-Fashioned oatmeal with apple and cinnamon in it and for dinner rice with spices, veggies, shrimp or fish and have a meal in a pot. I highly recommend The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufman which has amazing recipes. The pan inside has very slippery non-stick coating which I carefully wash by hand. I rinse my rice first which is how you prevent the spitting that some people report. You MUST wash the rice to get the starch off. Cooks brown and mixed brown and wild rice wonderfully. Great for 1 or 2 people. Original review was written in 2005. Update 1/26/2016: I have owned my Zojirushi for over 10 years now, and it is still going strong. That is my idea of quality. It is simple to operate. Use the provided measure to measure the rice. Add water to the line shown inside the pan, not extra. Flip the switch on. It turns itself off. You have plenty of time with it staying warm if the lid stays on while you finish cooking. I usually cook 1 cup only, which is enough for 2 people. Or maybe 1 1/2. My counter is clean after I cook 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups with the right amount of water. I have given up rinsing the rice. With 1 or even 2 cups I do not get spitting, but how hard is it to wipe a counter? The inside of my cooker still looks new as does the outside, after hundreds of batches. It fits easily in an upper cupboard designed for plates, so it is at eye level. I have traveled with this and have used it for morning oatmeal with fruit, soup for lunch, one pot meals at dinner. It is a real champ. I would buy it over and over again. 5 stars still, after 10 years of use. But then I do not look for "fancy" in my cookware. I look for reliable, dependable, predictable, quality made. This is dependable, reliable, quality made. I love mine. I still highly recommend this.


Busy cooks cherish rice cookers. This one cooks up to 3 cups of dry rice (white or brown) and keeps it warm up to five hours. A glass lid permits monitoring of the cooking process. Instructions and a cooking chart explain everything. A measuring cup and serving spatula are included. The cooker operates with admirable simplicity: just push a switch to start. The switch and a light turn off when cooking is completed, and the unit automatically goes into its keep-warm mode. Stay-cool handles on the cooker's sides permit it to be moved. Only plastic scrubbers and mild detergent should be used for cleaning.

Features:

Cooks rice and keeps it warm up to five hours
Use also to boil vegetables
Measuring cup and serving spatula included
Uses 300 watts of power
Dimensions: 7.8" x 7.1" x 9.1"

Busy cooks cherish rice cookers. This one cooks up to 3 cups of dry rice (white or brown) and keeps it warm up to five hours. A glass lid permits monitoring of the cooking process. Instructions and a cooking chart explain everything. A measuring cup and serving spatula are included. The cooker operates with admirable simplicity: just push a switch to start. The switch and a light turn off when cooking is completed, and the unit automatically goes into its keep-warm mode. Stay-cool handles on the cooker's sides permit it to be moved. Only plastic scrubbers and mild detergent should be used for cleaning. --Fred Brack


  • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
  • Easy-to-use single switch control
  • See-through glass lid with stay cool knob
  • Stay cool handles for easy transport
  • Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
  • 3 cup capacity, 300 watts